Our fresh midlands cage free barn eggs are the ideal eggs to make this quick, easy mid-week dinner for the family that is on the go. Highly nutritious and fills the hungry tummies quickly. You can always add some bacon for extra flavour or for the meat lovers. Enjoy!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 6 eggs
- 6 table spoons milk
- 1 table spoon butter
- 100 grams cheese
- 10 baby tomatoes
- Basil leaves or chopped parsley
- Chili salt and pepper
- Take the two potatoes and stab them with a fork all over. Put them into the microwaveon high and cook until soft . About 8 to 10 minutes . Or boil until soft, but I find the microwave such an easy cheat!
- Slice the onion and fry in medium sized frying pan gently until cooked through.
- Mix eggs with milkwith a fork and add salt and pepper.
- Slice cooked potato and lay them flat on top of the onion in the frying pan.
- Pour over the egg and milk mixture
- Cook on a a medium heat for 3 to 5 mins
- Slice cheese and lay on topof the eggs.
- Place under the grill
- Cut the baby tomatoes in half , grind the chili salt on them and cook in the microwave until soft ( 2 mins). Mash them down a little
- Take out frittata and put the tomatoes on the top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or basil leaves
- Serve turned out onto a plate or as I like to… straight from the pan